Nexgard Spectra for Dogs Flea, Ticks & Heartworm Treatment
Nexgard Spectra is a beef-flavored chewable that is highly effective in treating fleas, ticks, and intestinal worms in dogs. Oral treatment is for the prevention of heartworm disease. Nexgard Spectra controls tick infestation for four weeks and flea infestation in dogs for five weeks.
The one single-flavored chew treats gastrointestinal adult nematodes of the species: hookworms, roundworms, and whipworms. The oral treatment is also effective against sarcoptic mange (caused by Sarcoptes scabiei), mites controlling demodectic mange (caused by Demodex spp.), and otodectic mange (caused by Otodectes cynotis). In addition, it lowers the risk of flea tapeworms.
Nexgard Spectra is an upgraded version of Nexgard, which control fleas and tick infection in dogs. In addition, Nexgard Spectra has an extra-active ingredient Milbemycin Oxime that protects your dog from heartworms and other intestinal parasites.
Like all heartworm medications, this is a preventative step, and you must first test your dog for existing heartworm.
Critical Benefits of Nexgard Spectra
- Beef-flavored chewable that is highly palatable
- Broad spectrum control
- Treats flea infestations for five weeks
- Controls tick infestations for four weeks
- Effective for treating gastrointestinal worms
- Monthly administration prevents heartworm disease
- Start killing fleas in 6-8 hours
- No more mess from Spot-On preventatives
Who is it for?
Nexgard Spectra is suitable for puppies and dogs with a minimum weight of body 4.5 lbs (2 kg) and at least eight weeks of age. However, it is not yet confirmed that you can give Nexgard Spectra to lactating and pregnant dogs.
How to use Nexgard Spectra?
- Nexgard Spectra should be given orally.
- It can give with food or without food.
- Always choose the pack according to your dog's weight and start the treatment anytime.
- Always keep out of reach of animals and children.
- Please do not use it for humans.
- Please do not use it for the feline.
- Not for dogs weighing less than 4.5 lbs (2 kg).
- Not for dogs under eight weeks of age.
- Not confirmed yet if it can use on lactating, breeding, or pregnant dogs.
Side effects of Nexgard Spectra
Some side effects are reported, like diarrhea, loss of appetite, lethargy, and vomiting.
Dosage Chart of Nexgard Spectra For Dogs
How much time does Nexgard Spectra take to work?
The active ingredient in Nexgard Spectra is absorbed within four hours, which can protect your dog quickly.
What does Nexgard Spectra protect against?
Nexgard Spectra protects your dog from ticks, fleas, heartworms, internal worms, and mites in just one tasty chew.
How often should we give Nexgard Spectra?
It would be best if you gave Nexgard Spectra once a month, ideally on the same day each month.
Is Nexgard Spectra safe for puppies?
Nexgard Spectra is safe for all dog breeds, and it should give to puppies at least weighing 4.5 lbs (2 kg) or at least eight weeks of age.
Does Nexgard Spectra protect from lungworms/tapeworms?
Nexgard Spectra Flea and Tick chewable is the only treatment that prevents lungworms and kills ticks in just one delicious chew, and it is certified flea infection and flea tapeworm prevention.