Nexgard Combo For Cats
The most recent product from Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health's NexGard Combo is an extended version of its famous NexGard series. It is the only spot-on product for cats. It gives the broadest protection against multiple external and internal, including flea eggs, adult fleas, ticks, heartworms, roundworms, hookworms, lungworms, tapeworms, and vesical worms. In addition, this combo can be used for the prevention of heartworms.
Nexgard Combo has three main active components: esafoxolaner, eprinomectin, and praziquante.
Esafoxolaner: esafoxolaner works as an ectoparasiticide by interfering with the parasite's nerve cells (neurotransmission) which causes uncontrolled activity in the parasite's nervous system and death. It will protect your Cat from fleas & ticks. It starts killing fleas and ticks within 24-48 hours of application.
Praziquante and Eprinomectin: Praziquante and Eprinomectin both work as endoparasiticides that attack the parasites inside your Cat's body.
Nexgard Combo for cats can use to treat the following conditions:
- Tick and Flea infestation for one month
- Ear and skin mites infestation
- Tapeworms and roundworms/hookworms in the gut
- Lungworms and roundworm infestation in the bladder
- Heartworm infestation for a one-month duration
Critical Benefits of Nexgard Combo
- It offers the broadest range of protection to cats.
- It treats internal and external cat parasites.
- Removes adult fleas, flea eggs, ticks, heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, lungworms, vesical worms, and tapeworms
- It kills Ixodesricinus, the most prevalent tick on cats.
- Also, treats for heartworm.
- Help to control flea allergy dermatitis.
- Treats ear mites
Who is it for?
Nexgard Combo is safe to use for cats older than eight weeks of age. The dosage depends on the weight and infection of your Cat.
How to use Nexgard Combo?
- Choose the correct size of the NexGard Combo pack according to your Cat's weight.
- Squeeze the tube onto the Cat's skin at the center of the Cat's neck, where your Cat cannot lick or reach in any way
- Read all the instructions on the pack.
Precautions need to be followed for use in your cats.
- Nexgard Combo is only for administration. Do not inject or give orally.
- Always avoid contact with your Cat's eyes, but if it did accidentally, please contact your veterinarian immediately.
- Make sure you apply Nexgard Combo where your Cat cannot lick it off, like on the neck between the shoulder.
- Ensure that you consult your vet before using Nexgard Combo for your Cat.
Precautions need to be followed for the person who is administering to the Cat:
- People with hypersensitivity to esafoxolaner, praziquantel, or eprinomectin should avoid contact with Nexgard Combo.
- The person who has applied should not eat, smoke or drink after the application.
- Always avoid contact with your hands.
- If you get into contact with your hands, wash your hand properly with soap and water.
- It would be best if you avoided contact with the site application until you don't notice it anymore or it's dry.
- It is recommended that you treat your Cat in the evening so there will be less contact with other people after the treatment of Nexgard Combo.
Side effects of Nexgard Combo For Cats
Nexgard Combo for Cats is very effective in treating internal and external parasites. However, some side effects of the Nexgard combo include diarrhea, excessive salivation, lethargy, vomiting, and skin reaction like itching and hair loss at the application site.
You will notice reactions immediately after application, and they are short-lived.
Dosage Chart of Nexgard Combo For Cats
The volume of unit dose (ml)
0.8 - 2.5 kg(- 5.5 lbs)
2.5 - 7.5 kg (5.5 - 16.5 lbs)
My kitten is two months old. Can I use Nexgard Combo?
Nexgard Combo is not for cats under eight weeks of age or weighing less than 0.8 kg.
How often do I need to apply Nexgard Comfo to my Cat?
One single tube will protect your Cat for a month.